Think building a WordPress theme from scratch is tough?
Well, a video from 60 seconds series on Tuts+ introduces you to how to build a WordPress Theme in less than a minute. That’s right, building a complete basic WordPress theme in 60 seconds. Here’s the video for you to watch!
Here’s all the steps outlined in the video to build WordPress theme in less than a minute. You will need a basic HTML/CSS template that you can convert to a WordPress theme.
- Take a basic CSS and HTML template.
- Create a Folder in WP-content/Themes
- Copy in your HTML, CSS and Images files in the folder
- Add a comment on top of your CSS File specifying the Theme’s name
- Rename the index.html file to index.php and open it for editing.
- Replace the template’s static content with PHP snippets that will call dynamic content in from WordPress
- Create a file name Functions.php and use the wp_enqueue function to load the stylesheets.
- The new theme is now ready and can be activated from themes sections.
Although Tuts+ has several lengthy tutorials on building WordPress themes, this video might be just to get excited about the process. The team says that the video is more of an introduction to the subject and enough to whet your appetite.
The 60 seconds video is indeed well worth of a minute of my time!
Interesting video, what do you say?